five reasons why websites don't work
There are a number of reasons why most current web sites do not work. But there are five top reasons why most web sites fail. Although the examples below may seem comical, they drive home the point. Read them over and I believe you will discover a personal revelation about your web site if it is not performing to your expectations.
1. Your nephew Jimmy....Leaving your company web site in the hands of a relative, student, or someone in your company with a little computer knowledge to save a few hundred dollars is a strategy that usually backfires. Aside form the obvious qualification issues, there is often no sense of obligation from an amateur. The psychology is that when someone is doing you a favor, they often feel that anything is better than nothing. The end result is typically an unfinished, unprofessional project.
2. Amateur Productions....Would you show a homemade business card on notebook paper to a potential client? I think not. Then why would you allow your company to be represented by an image, a web site, that is not as professional as your company? An amateur production extends far beyond the inappropriate use of graphics. Poor navigation, excessive load times, unnecessary or unclear text, poor images, unappealing colors all contribute to a quick exit by a potential client. More importantly, it can permanently damage your companies' image. In short, having no web site is better than a bad web site. It can hurt you more than a disgruntled employee.
3. Unclear Objective....Failure to thoroughly plan your web site from the beginning can result in costly and time consuming changes. A properly planned web site starts with clear objectives. Are you trying to increase walk in traffic? Are you trying to enhance your corporate image? Are you trying to gather information from your target market? A professionally planned web site should be an actual component of your business plan. It is an investment in your business.
4. You Have Grown Apart....Web sites that are "static" have a tendency to remain the same as your business grows and changes. Having to pay someone for every little change, usually on their schedule, results in headaches for you and can hurt your business. Over time this results in your web site not keeping up with your business.
5. No One Knows You Exist...."Build it and they will come". Works in the movies but not with the internet. The internet is a very competitive environment that requires specific strategies to make sure your efforts are not in vain. Ask yourself, how many sites are there in your industry? Why should someone visit your site instead of one of your competitors?
Legacy Internet Consulting is a professional, dedicated, focused internet consulting firm. Nothing amateur here. Each web site is uniquely planned out and professionally designed to meet your exacting needs, requirements and expectations. We are not here to sell you an out of the box solution, ask what color you want in the background, take your check and never be seen again, unless you need a change, then you will be charged for it when we can get around to it. We establish business partnerships. Our primary goal is to understand and meet your needs and be with you for the long term. We combine business acumen, technical expertise and creative skill. Very few companies in the internet world possess all three of these qualifications. And we teach you how to update your site yourself whenever you want or we will do it for you right when you need it done. This is guaranteed. If your web site is costing you money instead of making you money, you need to contact us.